John Garrity, CPA, CFE | Partner, Audit & Assurance Services
John is a Partner at the firm and runs Brixey & Meyer’s Audit & Assurance Services team, which helps clients remain in compliance with their reporting requirements and helps businesses ensure their financial statements are accurate, organized, and positioned as a tool for helping them achieve both short and long-term goals.
- Ohio Northern University, BS in Accounting & Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Dayton Business Journal 40 Under 40 - 2022
- Leadership Dayton Outstanding Community Board Service Award - 2022
- AFCEA International Medal of Merit Awar
Life Before Brixey & Meyer:
How He Gives Back:
- Brixey & Meyer Community Outreach Foundation
- Board Member, Treasurer, Chair of the Finance Committee, and Member of Executive Committee for Brigid’s Path
- Treasurer, and Member of the Audit & Finance Committee, Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer, Dayton-Wright Chapter AFCEA International
- Former Board Member, Past President, for The Kettering Backpack Program
Advice for Growth:
Every person comes to life with a different set of circumstances. I think it is critical for individuals to take responsibility for the direction that their life goes. Do not cast blame, and do not go through life as a rudderless ship, being moved at the mercy of the waves. Rather, have a vision for the direction you want your life to go in and then be engaged and proactive in your journey of growth. Find ways to do the work that drives you, be intentional about who you surround yourself with, be willing to share your goals with others, ask for additional opportunities for work and use every opportunity as a chance to learn and grow.
John & his family are pursuing a goal of visiting all the National Parks, with their latest visit being to Glacier National Park, in Montana.
John and his wife Christina have three children ages 7, 4 and 2.
Send John a note: Email