Matt Deptola | Senior Manager, Business Advisory Services
As a Senior Manager and the firm’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Services practice lead, Matt helps clients understand the growing field of ESG, assess their performance compared to ESG best practices, and develop & implement strategies that drive sustainable value for shareholders.
- Ohio State University, BA in Public Affairs
- Ohio State University, MBA (expected completion 2024)
- Corporate Sustainability Certificate, NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
- Consultative Sales Certificate, Mercuri International Group
- Columbus Business First Forty Under 40 Honoree (2022)
- Ohio State University Office of Sorority & Fraternity Life Chapter Advisor of the Year (2019 and 2022)
Life Before Brixey & Meyer:
How He Gives Back:
- Brixey & Meyer Community Outreach Foundation
- Meals on Wheels
- Student Success Stores
- Past Organizing Committee Member, Columbus Startup Weekend
- Past Board Member and Chapter Advisor, Ohio State chapter of Delta Sigma Phi fraternity
Advice for Growth:
I am a lifelong learner who can usually be found tinkering with a startup idea, working through continuing education, exploring a new hobby (like fixing up my house), listening to podcasts, or reading. I use education to broaden my horizons, inform my passions, better myself, and leave a greater positive impact on my community.
A few of my favorite recent reads include The Premonition: A Pandemic Story by Michael Lewis, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley, and Give and Take by Adam Grant.
I have briefed both Ohio Governors Kasich and DeWine on key economic development opportunities.
Matt and his partner Anna live in Columbus with their dog, EJ.
Send Matt a note: Email