Steve Black, MSE, SPHR, SHRM-SCP | Senior Manager, Human Resource Services
Steve is a Senior Manager at the firm and runs Brixey & Meyer’s HR Services team, which helps clients and the internal Brixey & Meyer team to build strong “people” strategies and connect them with organizational goals. This includes but is not limited to day-to-day employee relations and HR compliance, talent acquisition and management, and strategic planning and organizational development. Whether internally or externally, Steve and the HR team stive hard to find, develop, and retain great people to build healthy teams and cultures.
- Cedarville University, BA in Social Science and History
- University of Dayton, MA in Teacher Education/Educational Leadership
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- SHRM-SCP (SHRM)
Life Before Brixey & Meyer:
- Lakota West High School (Teacher/educational Leader)
- Home Care by Black Stone (Chief Talent Officer/VP of Talent Acquisition and Development)
- Almost Family (Regional Director of Human Resources)
How He Gives Back:
- Brixey & Meyer Community Outreach Foundation
- Board Member, Centerville Christian Fellowship
- Board Member, Chair of Member Engagement Committee, Miami Valley HR Association
- Advisory Board Member, Gala of Hope Foundation
- Assistant Soccer Coach, Various Teams
Advice for Growth:
A key lesson I recently learned is that you can have growth, or you can have control, but it is very difficult to have both at the same time. The fruits of growth are exciting, but the process to grow is hard work and oftentimes painful. Being willing to grow requires a mindset to go out of one’s comfort zone
Much of how I work in a consulting function has its roots back to my days as a classroom teacher. Teaching high schoolers is a great place to learn how to communicate, stay organized, and lead people.
Steve is married to his best friend, and they have four amazing kids (two boys and two girls) along with a new puppy named Lucy.
Send Steve a note: Email