Heather is a serial hobbyist. She loves to try new things and dives in headfirst when she finds something interesting. She once went to nearly 20 concerts in one summer, has a private collection of “paint and sip” art all created in 2013 and 2014, and worked her way up to 70 plants in her office during the pandemic. Her permanent hobby is reading, and her goal is usually 100 books a year.
Heather is a Manager on our CFO Services team and is responsible for leading client engagements in which Brixey & Meyer provides interim financial staffing and outsourced accounting services. In addition to accounting, her areas of expertise include process improvement, HR, project management, and operational leadership.
She is married to Matthew, and they have three kids – Vaughn, Zella, and Fitz, and three cats – Isabelle, Jasper, and Emma.
Education and Certifications:
- Wright State University, BS in Accountancy and Finance
- Wright State University, Master of Accounting
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
Life Before Brixey & Meyer:
- Vartek Services
- Pohlman & Talmage CPA’s
How She Gives Back:
- Brixey & Meyer Community Outreach Foundation
- Brigid’s Path – Board Member
- Leadership Dayton Alumni Association
- Junior League of Dayton
What She Wants You to Know:
Heather loves to jump into a new project and apply her diverse experience to a new challenge. She is passionate about putting family first, while also prioritizing career and community giving. While she is often energized by a day spent in spreadsheets, the best part of every day is the absolute joy of being a mother and a wife.
Send Heather a note: Email