Matt wrote a weekly email newsletter for 3.5 years called The Collective that recapped the week’s most important political news stories using a nonpartisan approach. The newsletter had just under 1,000 subscribers and its tools for civic engagement were accessed by thousands of additional people.
As a Senior Manager, Matt helps clients understand the growing field of ESG and develop strategies that drive sustainable value for shareholders.
Matt is a CBF 2022 Forty Under 40 Honoree.
Matt and his partner Anna live in Columbus with their dog, EJ.
Education and Certifications:
- Ohio State University – BA in Public Affairs (2014)
- Ohio State University – MBA (expected completion 2024)
- Corporate Sustainability Certificate – NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business (2022)
- Consultative Sales Certificate – Mercuri International Group (2014)
Life Before Brixey & Meyer:
How He Gives Back:
- Brixey & Meyer Community Outreach Foundation
- Meals on Wheels
- Student Success Stores
- Past Organizing Committee Member, Columbus Startup Weekend
- Past Board Member and Chapter Advisor, Ohio State chapter of Delta Sigma Phi fraternity
What He Wants You to Know:
I am a lifelong learner who can usually be found tinkering with a startup idea, working through some type of formal continuing education, listening to podcasts, or reading. I use education to broaden my horizons, inform my passions, better myself, and leave a greater positive impact on my community.
A few of my favorite recent reads include The Premonition: A Pandemic Story by Michael Lewis, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley, and Give and Take by Adam Grant.
Send Matt a note: Email