Brixey & Meyer is a regional accounting Firm whose mission is to have a positive impact on the people of our Firm and the clients we serve. As a six-time winner of the Dayton Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award, we understand that culture matters.
Our top priority is to provide an environment for our team that fosters professional growth and success.
We have offices in Cincinnati, Columbus and Dayton. Founded in 2002, our Firm has quickly established itself as the region’s first choice for accounting, tax and business advisory services.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Tax & Billing Coordinator to join our growing team in our Cincinnati or Dayton location.
The Tax and Billing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the day-to-day administrative support of the Tax Practice Line, Firm-wide billing, invoicing, AR support, and assisting with various Firm-wide administrative support functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Related to Tax Coordination and Support
- Processes paperwork, documentation and scanning related to the tax function
- Releases tax returns and extensions via e-filing and monitors e-filing rejections
- Organizes and setting up new tax client files and ensure related digital setup is complete (e.g.—Practice Management, Client Portal)
- Prepares a variety of weekly reports including but not limited to project status, staff assignments, and due dates
- Prepares engagement letters and tax busy season planning such as tax organizers. Includes management of Excel spreadsheets and client fees
- Prepares Form 1099s for clients. Sort Excel data & send to team members for updates. Processes 1099s utilizing QuickBooks and updating Practice Management accordingly
- Related to Firm Billing, Invoicing, and AR Support
- Finalizes monthly client billing within the first ten days of each month
- Supports the mailing/electronic distribution of client invoices within the first ten days of each month and as needed throughout each month
- Assures accuracy of monthly employee time and billing reports and emails them to identified team-members within the first ten days of each month
- Manages Firm AR and collections by working with the Firm’s President and Billing Representatives
- Related to Firm Administrative Support
- Oversees maintenance of the Firm’s client portal and incoming faxes
- Supports the Firm with various clerical/administrative duties including but not limited to scheduling conference calls, scanning/faxing documents, maintaining files and schedules, compiling data, running errands, preparing file folders for clients (primarily but not limited to Tax), sorting & filing permanent file folders
- Supports the Firm by answering incoming phone calls as needed
- Supports the Firm with infrastructure (e.g.—building, IT, phones) needs by effectively communicating with outside vendors and ensuring resolution to identified needs/problems as needed
- Supports the overall day-to-day functioning of the Firm by assisting with kitchen upkeep and general supply ordering as needed
- Ensures proper delivery of both incoming and outgoing mail as needed
- Processes client payments as needed
- Participates in Firm committees and activities
- Promotes the Firm positively in the community and through professional organizations involvement
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of reception/administrative assistant experience (or equivalent customer related ability)
- Advanced computer literacy, including proficient use of all Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Process oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Open to constant learning and training from other team members due to the ongoing diversity of client engagements and Firm needs
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and plan workflows with minimal supervision
- The desire to have fun with our work and to contribute to our unique company culture
WHY BRIXEY & MEYER:
We offer competitive pay and employee benefits that include medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer match and continued education programs. All benefits are designed to promote employee health and well being while assisting our people to achieve their desired work-life balance.
Brixey & Meyer is an equal opportunity employer, who values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.